Friday, February 4, 2011

Determination IS > Motivation

Lately, my motivation has been lacking. Blame it on the weather, blame it on pregnancy, blame it on laziness - the end result is the same. I'm not motivated to do more than the very absolute least amount possible. The "I want to do" list was getting longer and longer in my head, but the "I accomplished" list was growing pretty dank and stagnant.

So in an effort to actually get up and get things done, I gave up on motivation. Yep, traded that good for nothing long absent "friend" in for a newer model - determination. And wow what we have accomplished in the past two days!

With determination and a WRITTEN list, I have managed to clean the house, climb and conquer the laundry mountain, take the dry cleaning in, get our taxes done, mop the floors, organize the office, complete the grocery shopping, get a bunch of work done, play with Levi, and lots of other smaller miscellaneous tasks. All within the past two days.

Now, I know there are those of you that are probably thinking "that's what I do in a single day, what's she bragging about?!" And to you I say - "Congratulations! You are way more determined, ambitious and motivated than I am! Wanna come hang out at my house next?"

Yes, there still are things on my to-do list (bake bread, figure out dinner, re-make the beds I've stripped), but I fear that determination has decided that since it's late afternoon on a Friday, he is done helping me for the week. I'll muddle through the bed making (after all, we have to have sheets to sleep on tonight) and I'll eventually figure out dinner, but the rest of my list and whatever else I manage to think of that needs to be done will have to wait until next week. I mean, really, it's not procrastination if it's not immediately needed, right?

And besides, Levi is awake from his nap and there are Nerf guns to be played with!

No comments:

Post a Comment